New Construction, Relocation, or Service Upgrade
You must set a service appointment with the CECA Engineering Department if:
- The property does not currently have electric service
- A new pole must be installed in order to reach the metering point
- To upgrade an existing service
- To relocate an existing service
A new service appointment allows us:
- To establish where the poles, transformer, and meter should be installed on the property
- To determine whether any permits, easements, or other documents must be secured, or whether any right-of-way must be cleared or secured before the line is built
- To provide you with a preliminary estimate of cost
At your new service appointment, you should provide CECA with:
- The location of the structure (four corners of where structure will be located)
- The location of the property lines, septic system, telephone, cable, gas, water lines, etc
- Access to additional easements in order to provide service to your location, as necessary. It is also very helpful if you can bring a copy of your warranty deed to the property with you to the appointment
Contact the New Construction Department by filling out the following form. A new construction clerk will call within one business day to set an appointment time and collect any additional information.
Or, you may call 800-915-2533 during regular working hours.